Shared by author Helen M Roe 1939
M, #39904, b. about 1500, d. DECEASED
|Birth||Dowling was born about 1500.|
|Death||He died DECEASED.|
Events - Chronological (including alternatives)
Between 28 June 1491 and 28 January 1546/47 | EnglandG
Henry VIII is King and triggers centuries of religious persecution to obtain a divorce in EnglandG
, on between 28 June 1491 and 28 January 1546/47.
King Henry VIII reign starts leading to English Reformation in EnglandG
, on 22 April 1509.
Between 1510 and 1544 | Clonreher, Borris, Laois, IrelandG
Detail: Clonreher Castle; Clonreher Tower House.
Event or Activity
Before 1544 | Clonreher, Borris, Laois, IrelandG
Dowling was in Clonreher, Borris, Laois, IrelandG
, before 1544. Note: Sir Ralph Bagenal, Lieutenant of Leix & Offaly under Edward VI, takes Clonreher Castle from Dowling owners.
28 January 1546/47 | EnglandG
Protestant King Edward IV reign starts in EnglandG
, on 28 January 1546/47.
Catholic Queen Mary "Bloody Mary" reign starts in EnglandG
, on July 1553.
17 November 1558 | EnglandG
Catholic Queen Mary "Bloody Mary" reign ends in EnglandG
, on 17 November 1558.
Events - Death & Burial
Facts - Non-Chronological
Reputed occupier of Clonreher Castle in Laois.
WANTED Reputed Occupier of Clonreher Castle in Laois.
In the Dowling One-Name Study Dowling has the reference number 39904.
Clonreher Castle - an indefinite history - MARCH 31, 2021 / CUFFESBORO (https://laoishouses.wordpress.com/2021/03/31/clonreher-castle-an-indefinite-history/)
The Weekly Irish Times on Saturday 19 September 1908 reported that, on their annual outing, Lord Walter Fitzgerald told the Kildare Archaeological Society, so far as Clonreher Castle was concerned it had no definite history. Andrew Tierney in the Buildings of Ireland begs to differ. As the corner towers mimic a scaled down version of Fort Protector he suggests a colonial builder such as John Dunkerley, Sovreign of Naas, who was granted land here in 1563. Unlike Coolbanagher Castle, whose ruins were demolished after the storm of 2014 rather than being made safe, (a disgrace for which Laois should blush) Clonreher is still in reasonable condition though repointing and remedial treatment of mural cracks should be carried out without delay to avoid another embarrassing tragedy. The images of the cracked tower were taken in 2018 and are borrowed from irelandinruins.blogspot.com
Dunkerley’s grant actually refers to the castle of Clonreher, and Fitzwilliam’s accounts note that Dunkerley owes £253 for “victualling his fort in Leix” in 1565. It may have been built post 1547 as an outer defence for Fort Protector. Or it may have been built by the O’Dowling - there is an account that Sir Ralph Bagenal took it from the O’Dowlings. Bagenal, the Lieutenant of Leix and Offaly under Edward VI, had been dismissed for denying the Papal supremacy in 1554, and sought refuge in France, where he lived by selling at a great sacrifice a property worth 500l. a year.
The rath was probably the original O’Dowling residence - From Helen Roe’s “Tales and Customs of Laoighs”, Folklore of Ireland Society , June 1939 (NOTE from Brian Thomas Dowling (1955-): I have read this article and it does not say this).
Near Portlaoighise, there is a rath on the land of Clonreher. The ground was being adapted for a coursing club, and some of the trees growing on this rath were cut down. One tree fell and killed the man who was felling it. When the tree trunks were being drawn away from the field the chains holding them broke; the tree trunks rolled off the cart, and killed the man who was drawing them away. For many years a certain amount of ill luck followed all the coursing meetings held on this field, and quite recently one of the original promoters of the scheme was found dead on the banks of this rath. (Frank Kelly, in August 1933). (NOTE from Brian Thomas Dowling (1955-):- This paragraph does no appear to be from Frank Kelly but is from Helen M Roe's 1939 article, Tales, Customs and Beliefs from Laoighis)
Daniel Byrne-Rothwell’s 2012 article on Clonreher gives a full account of the early history, though he does not mention that it is also claimed as the birthplace of St Fintan of Clonenagh (Carloviana-No-22-197 p10)
The Fiants of Queen Elizabeth in 1576 record Thomas Myrrick as in possession and it is granted to Robert Hartpole. https://www.logainm.ie/
It was granted to Sir Pierce Crosby in 1628, but was already in the possession of his father Patrick Crosbie (aka Mac Crossan, hereditary Bard to the O’More) before 1600 (Calendar of the Patent and Close Rolls of Chancery in Ireland of the Reign Charles I p 360).
Clonreher Castle was “slighted” (made indefensible) in 1656 by the Cromwellians and the lands confiscated. In 1664 Phillimore’s calendar of wills records the will of Richard Crosbie of Clonriher, Queen’s Co. Charles II granted Clonreher to Thomas Dongan, Earl of Limerick (1634 - 1715) in 1670. Dongan, Governor of New York under Charles II and James II, forfeited Clonreher together with his many estates, in 1692 for his support of James II (they are a fascinating family worthy of a post of their own - the name come from the Norman - Dungeon!)
We are now approaching the period when the current house was built, and there are two stories that don’t quite work within the available timeline. The first is the duplicitous Dunne.
This is a story told by Daniel O’Byrne in “The History Of The Queen’s County”; the Castle passed to the Dunne family, and that the last member of the Dunnes who possessed Clonreher was married to a lady of remarkable beauty. Their three daughters married into ‘respectable’ farming families with gentry connections. Catherine Dunne married into the Conways, Winifred Dunne to the Dalys and Sarah Dunne to the Mihens (Meehan). Catherine Conway’s daughter married a Kelly and their daughter Margaret Kelly 1770-1847 married Walter Byrne, grandson of John Byrne of Timogoue, (brother of Sir Gregory Byrne, Cromwell’s tailor - but that’s another story!)
The point of this story is that the dastardly Dunne had “a doxy”, a secret mistress, a servant in the castle, who bore him a son, and he married her after his wife died, and the son, becoming a protestant, was able to exclude his half sisters from their inheritance. If this happened it would have had to be post the Popery Act of 1703.
But by 1714 John Kelly is resident at Clonreher. The Conservation Plan for Fort Protector (Laois Heritage Society) lists him first in 1714 “George Thornton of the City of Dublin and John Kelly of Clonreher leasing a great stone house formerly used as an inn.” He was still dealing in property in May 1725. According to Burke’s Peerage in 1724 Mary Kelly, the daughter of John Kelly of Clonreher married Benjamin Bunbury, son of Mathew Bunbury and Anne Blount.
Turtle Bunbury writes:- When Benjamin Bunbury died in 1765, he had no male heir to the Kilfeacle estate and instead left the property to his eldest daughter, Elizabeth Richardson. His wife survived him by seven years. Her death was recorded as follows in the Freeman’s Journal (courtesy of Bob Fitzsimons): 20-22 Oct 1772. DIED At Clonteer near Maryborough, Mrs Bunbury, by whose death a fortune of £1000 per annum devolves to Benjamin Bunbury Esq.; late Lieutenant in the 3rd Regiment of Horse.
In 1777 her niece’s husband John Tydd is resident, who moves to Lamberton in the early 1790s. More research is needed into when and to whom it was granted after the Williamite confiscation.
It is probable that the house was built by John Kelly, and I suspect in the 1730s Tierney is succinct:-“Five bays, two storey with dormer attic. Tall narrow openings, sashes set close to the wall. Eaves course of cogged brick. Bulky stacks in the gable-ends, of characteristic T-shape. Small attic windows flank them, and there is evidence for dormer windows on the front, since removed. Late C18 joinery. Staircase with ramped handrail and scrolled tread-ends, continuing up to the attic.”
After Tydd moves to Lamberton there is then silence for 50 years till we read that Mr. George Craig, of County Fermanagh, married Sarah, sixth daughter of Mr. John Miller, Clonrear Castle, Queen’s County. 31 August 1840 Dublin Morning Register
There was a John Miller who was the postmaster in Portlaoise, but this was a different person.
Deaths:- In Clonreher, near Maryborough, in her 70th year. Mrs. Miller, wife of Mr. John Miller. Clare Journal, 26 August 1844
In 1846 John Miller of Clonreher is on the Grand Jury.
Murdoch Campbell (1808-1874) was a Glaswegian brought to act as steward to Sir Charles Coote at Ballyfin, Co. Laois. The inscription on his gravestone in Ballyfin Church of Ireland church states that ‘by his sole genius and resources he designed and constructed all the works of beauty and solidity in the demesne’. According to Mulligan these works would have included ‘almost certainly the tower, the ornamental rockwork, the menagerie and kennels’.
In 1846 his son Murdoch jnr was born. In June 1849 Murdoch was a merchant in Mountmellick, selling John Cassels Coffee. It is not clear whether he had left the Coote’s employ, or just had an additional job.
In 1850, at the time of Griffith’s valuation, John Miller is still in Clonreher, leasing it from Rev John Tydd Moore. The Rev John Mooore, who financial straights are dire, is in a house worth £2/5/- (as opposed to the £12/15/- valuation put on Clonraher, George Hamilton, whose house is valued at £4.00 is living at Cappagh North - R32 P2KC. His son, George Moore Hamilton, born in 1848 and died at Clonreher, a bachelor, in 1905. George Hamilton’s father may have been William Hamilton whose sister Mary (b1771) married Philip Lyster (d 1838), and his brother James married Mary Ann Randall in 1842. His grandparents were butchers in Birr. It would be interesting to see how they are related to the Hamiltons of Roundwood.
At the launch of Murdoch jnr’s agricultural machinery business in June 1870 Mr Fitzpatrick, Maryborough, said he would not like to see those who had partaken of Mr Campbell’s hospitality separate without drinking the healths both of father and son. He had known Mr Campbell, senior, for a period of at least thirty years, and a more honourable, upright man he never met in all his life, or one more competent to discharge the duties of his position. To show that he was a man well competent to manage such extensive estates as those of Ballyfinn , he would mention that in the famine years when the landed proprietors held a meeting at Maryborough, in accordance with the notice in Labouchere’s letter (well worth a google!), Sir Charles Coote was one of those proprietors who did not borrow a penny from the Board of Works , but of his own ample means employed all the hands on his estates and in the neighbourhood for the purpose of making drains and roads, and otherwise improving the soil. As sole manager Mr Campbell had superintendence of all these works. The Deerpark contained about five hundred acres, and all with the exception of a small portion, was under bog, furze -in fact it was a wide waste. This was valued by himself (Mr Fitzpatrick) in the year 1840 at £26, and in 1843 , by Griffith’s valuation, it was valued at a sum less than that. But by Mr Campbell’s management these lands have been all squared into fields of thirty and forty acres in extent, all bounded with neat thorn-quick hedges, and intersected by well made and well kept farm roads ; and from the soil at one time so wretched , he produces as fine crops of wheat, oats, turnips, clover, and so on, as the country could show. The farm buildings which were erected under Mr Campbell’s superintendence do credit to the Ballyfinn estates ; and the extensive system of stall-feeding pursued is highly remunerative. It would be almost impossible to describe the numerous improvements effected under Mr Campbell’s supervision, but it was a patent fact to every one conversant with the Ballyfinn estates, that his conduct of affairs, and his kind advice to all who sought it, was most beneficial to both employer and employees. He (Mr Fitzpatrick) was delighted to find himself there that day to witness the mowing match got up by Mr Campbell, junior, who he hoped would yet take up his father’s place in the esteem of the gentry and farmers of this county, and he also sincerely hoped he would be as successful as his best friend could wish in his new undertaking. It is possible (but unlikely) that the Campbells arrived at Clonreher before 1860 and that Ms Cummins was actually a Miss Campbell.
Births Cummins-At Clonreher, Queen’. County, the wife of Wm. H. Cummins, Esq., of son. Dublin Evening Mail - Monday 09 December 1861.
They were definitely there by 1865, as tenants of Dean Arthur Moore :-
In the Presbyterian Church Portlaoise Charlotte McLeod Campbell (25) dau of Murdoch Campbell m John Wallace, an Edinburgh solicitor, the son of William Dick Wallace 9 Aug 1865
At Rutland Square Church, Dublin (Findlater’s Church, the Presbyterian church which had opened in 1864) , - On the 9th Inst by the Rev. Dr Kirkpatrick, Mr William Rodger, C.E, Glasgow, to Susanna Dick, second daughter of Murdoch Campbell, Esq. of Clonreher Castle, Queen’s County Ireland. Greenock Advertiser - Tuesday 15 December 1868.
Anne Campbell beloved wife of Murdoch Campbell Snr d Apr 25 1869 aged 63 at Clonreher
In July 1870 the Leinster Express reported on Campbell’s new business:- “On Tuesday last a very interesting exhibition of mowing machines was held on the lands of Clonreher, at which a large number of the gentry and farmers attended, by the special invitation of Mr M. Campbell, jun., who has been for some time engaged extensively in selling agricultural machinery of every invention and best make, together with artificial manures and farm seeds as imported by the most eminent firms in the kingdom. The commodious offices and yards attached to the residence of Mr Campbell, jun., at Clonreher, enables him to keep on stock a large quantity of each of these articles; and as he keeps on hands a supply of the duplicate portions of the machines, this concern must prove a much desired boon to the agriculturists of Maryborough and the wide district of which that town is the centre; and young Mr Campbell, we are sure, will be encouraged and supported in this wide district, which was so long left without such an establishment as that he is now starting. At the present Mr Campbell is largely supplied with implements suited to the requirements of the present season, and it is sufficient to show that these are of the best manufacture , and sold at the most reasonable rate of market profit, when we say that several sales of combined reapers and mowers, together with hay tedders, hay rakes, &c, were effected. At about eleven o’clock Mr Campbell sent his machines to cut down a five acre field of new meadow hay, and the grass being rather thin , the exhibition was one well calculated to afford the many experienced farmers present an opportunity of judging the capabilities of the machines at work. Mr Campbell, we believe, is agent for all the different machines made, but on this occasion he only showed those manufactured by Wood and Samuelson, two of the most, celebrated makers in the world. On the other hand, in justice to another eminent maker, we shall give Samuelson’s machine all the credit due to it-and that is a great deal. The improvements in this year’s machine are very decided, and are of a three-fold character. They are:-1st. A system of draught which takes all weight from the hocks of the horses, at the same time materially lessening the dead draft of the machine. 2nd. The ” inclined-cut” sickle, a novel means of obtaining a lower cut than in any existing mower , with the important advantage of having the sections riveted to the top of the knifebar instead of the bottom ; this is the only position in which a section can be sharpened by a grindstone at all. 3rd. Running the sickle on hardened steel slips, which leave a clear wedge-shaped space between the sickle and the beam. By this means all clogging matters are discharged from beneath the sickle, which is always quite free in its bed, even in the worst bottomed meadows , and the draft rendered extraordinarily light when the cutting is the worst. These slips are removable, and they completely prevent the wearing into the beam by the sickle. When at work the great advantage of these improvements are noticeable to the observer, and as the same advantages extend to the reaper, there need be no hesitation in pronouncing that this machine has almost approached perfection. The prime consideration for farmers is the price of these machines, and as these two great machines axe equal in that respect, the only way to satisfy themselves is by attending such an exhibition as that at Clonreher, and which we understand , will be repeated at no distant day. The five acres of meadow were soon cut down, by the two machines , which were at once purchased up by two gentlemen on the ground.
10 April 1873 Margaret Cunningham Campbell married Thomas Thompson Lagan, a teacher, the son of James Lagan, a builder from Dundee, in the C of I church, Portlaoise.
July 1874 Murdoch Campbell snr dies, his son James Campbell present.
The Queen’s County Show is now being run by young Murdoch:- Mr Murdoch Campbell is the respected proprietor of the Queen’s County Agricultural Implement Manufactory, and being an extensive and enthusiastic agriculturist, besides being deservedly popular, we are sure he will afford complete satisfaction. The show on Wednesday last was a proof that Mr Campbell is the right man in the place which Mr Mowbray made so hard to fill after himself. Kilkenny Moderator - Saturday 18 August 1877
On Oct 5 1874 Margaret Spelling (nee Coffey) of New Road Maryborough had a daughter Mary whose father was, according to the birth certificate, Murdoch Campbell of Clonreher. On 5 June 1875 the death of the 8 month old Mary Murdoch, a servant’s child, of “diseases of the head” was recorded by the illiterate Margaret Spelling of New Road Maryborough.
I suspect Murdoch of misbehaving! However he was an interesting character. As well as being a businessman, land agent, and Senior Deacon in the Maryborough Masonic Lodge, he found the time to do a spot of inventing: In November 1873, The London Gazette reported that he had applied to patent a type of briquette.
Longford Journal - Saturday 30 June 1877 THE RECENT LIGHTNING.. A very large sycamore or beech tree, which is quite close to one end of Clonreher House attracted the lightning, which entered through one the chimneys to an upper room, and continued its course downwards to two rooms immediately underneath. In the upper room a large metal fire grate was completely torn from its bed by the dangerous fluid, and broken into five distinct pieces, whilst in the same room a mirror which lay on chest of drawers at the opposite side was broken into fragments, and the glass slavered in every possible direction. The woodwork of this mirror had completely disappeared, and not trace of quicksilver could be found on the fragments of the broken glass. Continuing its downward course, the lightning burst into the centre room, made clean breach right out through a portion of the brick and solid wall, struck a metal spout reaching from the roof to a water barrel on the ground, and killed an unfortunate grimalkin (an archaic name for a cat, for those who, like me, didn’t know!) who had sought what it probably considered refuge under the barrel from the fearful rain. In the room on the ground floor extensive damage was done, a beautiful Brussels carpet being rendered almost valueless, a massive mahogany chair twisted into shapeless mass, the gilt moulding torn into atoms, and the wall paper stripped from roof to floor. At the time of these occurrences a pigeon in flight was struck and killed, as well as a turkey and duck the ground underneath, and three servants of Mr. Campbell who were in the stables.
So tempting to end here - I am reminded of an account of a raid by the O’Byrnes on the village of Tallaght in 1805 which reported that they had carried off 7 cows, 5 garron (horses) several goats and sheep and, almost incidentally, 3 women. However this article actually ends with the fact that they were flung violently on the ground, but, very fortunately, did not receive further injuries than the shock of the sudden fall.
cf with the storm of 1861 at Rossleaghan
Murdock jnr married Elizabeth Williams Kerr, though when and here is not quite clear.
QUEEN’S COUNTY. ROBERT J. GOFF has been favoured with instructions from Murdoch Campbell Esq (who proposes to give up horse breeding), to sell his horses peremptorily by Public Auction, On WEDNESDAY, Feb 13 1878 At CLONREHER CASTLE. This is the year after he and his landlords the Moores had been abusing each other in the fields and in the courts.
Patrick Kelly (b.1853) was an R.I.C. man whose hobby was making iron farm implements. He resigned from the force and, in 1883, bought Campbell’s Queens County Agricultural Machinery.
Murdoch jnr had died in July 1880 at the age of 34 in hospital in Dublin, leaving a wife and appointing his brother in law Francis Alexander Williams Kerr as executor. His wife died 5 months later in Nov 1880
His brother James Campbell had married Elizabeth Robinson and moved to Love Lane (now Donore Avenue) in The Combe. Their son, named Murdoch McKenzie Campbell, was born in 1873.
Elizabeth Williams Campbell’s brother Francis Alexander William Kerr, of 69, Kildare Street, Dublin, attempted suicide in Dungarvan on Tuesday 5 May 1883 by throwing himself into the river. He was, fortunately, rescued by some people who were present on the quay. Constable Roothe arrived soon after and took the young man in charge. He was examined by Dr Holland, who certified that he was suffering from delirium tremens and was immediately afterwards conveyed to hospital, where he has since been located.
STATUTORY NOTICE TO CREDITORS. In the Goods Elizabeth Williams Campbell, (formerly wife of Murdoch Campbell), late of Lower Mount-street, in the city Dublin, formerly of Clonreher Castle, the Queen’s County, Widow, Deceased. NOTICE is hereby given, pursuant to the statute 22nd and 23rd Vic, can intituled Act to Further Amend the Law Property and to Relieve Trustees,” that all persons claiming be Creditors, or otherwise to have any claim or demand against the assets of above named deceased Elizabeth Williams Campbell, who died on the 17th day of November, 1880, are hereby required furnish their particulars (in writing) of such claims or demands, or before the Ist day of May, 1881. the undersigned Solicitor for Francis Alexander Williams Kerr, of Kilmore near Enfield, in the county of Kildare, Gentleman, one of the next-of-kin of said deceased, to whom Letters Administration and with the will annexed. were granted forth of the Principal Registry of the Probate and Matrimonial Division of the High Court of Justice in Ireland, on the 31st day March, 1881. And Notice is hereby given that the said Administrator will, after the said 1st day May, 1881, proceed to administer the Estate.
Clonreher, “formerly in the possession of John Miller” was available on lease of 41 years from Sept 1883 Dublin Daily Express - Saturday 08 November 1884, but did not sell. The Estate of Francis Alexander Williams Kerr, owner, the National Bank, petitioners. Part of the Lands of Clonreher, in the barony Maryborough East, held under lease for unexpired term of 41 years, from 29th Sept, 1883. containing 189 a 3a 17p; annual profit rent, £90. Sale adjourned, the highest offer being £650 Dublin Daily Express - Saturday 08 November 1884.
By Saturday 21 July 1906 George Neville Jessop (1882-1940) of Clonreher House was exhibiting at the Waterford Show. On Valentine’s day 1905 he had married Geraldine Lloyd Roe, daughter of John Roe of Oughterard, who described herself, rather remarkably, as a philatelist in the 1911 census. Her sister Matilda had married John Bourke, a banker from Banagher. Her grandfather, John Lloyd Roe had been born at Middlemount in 1816 and in 1841 married Belinda Smith, daughter of Westropp Smith of Newgrove, Dunkerrin, a charming house of the middle size in grave danger of extinction, possibly due to the proximity of the motorway, though the road is in a cutting at that point, so the noise should not be intrusive.
The Lord Chancellor has appointed Mr. George N. Jessop, Clonreher House, Maryborough, to the Commission of the Peace for that county. Saturday 22 May 1909 Weekly Irish Times
In 1930 GN Jessop sold to Basil William Broomfield ((1882- 1967) from Irey, near Ballyfin. 100 years previously brothers Humphrey Broomfeld, Basil Broomfield, Joseph Broomfield & Henry Parnell Broomfield had all served in the Queen’s County Militia, the very colourful Henry going on to serve in the regular army before settling in Borris Cottage, Portlaoise.
Let us hope that the beauty and historic importance of both the house and the castle are recognised so that future generations will bless the name of their conservators, not curse the name of their vandals. It would be very sad if 21st century custodians allowed the craftsmanship of the 16th century and 18th century to be obliterated by neglect.
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell on Facebook 2021. Note the ghost of the dormers!
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell in 1992
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell in 1992; detail of vaulted cellar?
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell in 1992
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell on 1992.
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell in 1992
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell in 1992;
Kindly shared by Daniel Byrne Rothwell in 1992;
Kindly shared by S Hill via irelandruins.bolspot.com 18-May-2018; East facing tower. There is a similar one on the south facing wall. Urgent remedial work is essential - "Property has its duties as well as its rights"- Thomas Drummond
Griffith’s Valuation – The Hamiltons are at 6 and Rev John Tydd is at the arrow on the bottom right – Rossleighan
The sale in 1893
Kindly shared by S Hill via irelandruins.bolspot.com 18-May-2018;
Kindly shared by S Hill via irelandruins.bolspot.com 18-May-2018;
Kindly shared by S Hill via irelandruins.bolspot.com 18-May-2018;
- [S4189] SOURCE: (Full): -,
Source Combined Fields: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII,
Repository: Internet Site: Wikipedia,
Citation Detail: Entry for TIMELINE EVENT:- Henry VIII is King and triggers centuries of religious persecution to obtain a divorce; Location: England, From: 28 June 1491 to 28 January 1547,
Citation Text: Collated by Brian Thomas Dowling (1955-) on 25 January 2022; Internet Page titled: DOWLING ONE NAME STUDY - Timeline - list; via Service: Generic Service; at https://www.dowling.one-name.net/up/timeline-list.htm;(via ORA),
- [S2704] SOURCE: (Full): Various,
Source Combined Fields: https://laoishouses.wordpress.com/2021/03/31/clonreher-castle-an-indefinite-history/,
Citation Detail: Entry for Clonreher Castle,
Citation Text: Collated by Brian Thomas Dowling (1955-) 15-Jul-2021:-
- [S3560] SOURCE: (Full),
Source Combined Fields: https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/20642522?refreqid=fastly-default%3A0c12f0695b8212a6e858dbfba43d3d1c,
Citation Detail: Article by Roe, Helen M. “Tales, Customs and Beliefs from Laoighis.” Béaloideas, vol. 9, no. 1, 1939, pp. 21–35. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/20642522. Accessed 15 July 2021.,
Citation Text: Collated by Brian Tomas Dowling (1955-) 15-Jul-2021:-